NordicTrack has been pushing this model vigorously so I was glad to have the chance to survey the NordicTrack Freestride Trainer Fs7i when I went by their central station.
The blend of the advancements and the informal exchange have made this machine one of NordicTrack’s most sultry merchants. The idea driving the FreeStride Trainer FS7i is that you have both a free-form and variable movement, which offers various points of interest over your commonplace curved coach.
End of the week SALE ENDS MONDAY: The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i is ON SALE for $1,999 with Free Shipping. No enthusiasm financing accessible for 6 to 12 months pending endorsement
Exercise Features – FreeStride Trainer FS7i
- Variable Motion — The FreeStride Trainer FS7i lets you set your stride path so that it works best with your body. This is better than being locked into a set pattern. When your exercise follows a set pattern, as is the case on an elliptical trainer or a treadmill, your body adjusts and consequently the benefits are minimized. With the “FreeStride” motion you have “muscle confusion”, where you confuse your muscles with variation. The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i lets you simulate exercising on a stair stepper, elliptical trainer and a treadmill. This allows you to target various lower body muscles.
- 38” Stride Length — With an elliptical trainer you are typically locked into a 20” stride length, and once again your body adjusts. With the FS7i you have the ability to stretch your stride to a lengthy 38”, so you define the length of your stride not the machine. The 38” stride length is also advantageous for multiple users of various heights.
- Incline Feature – To further enhance your workout you can incline the motion of the Freestrider Trainer FS7i. This gives the benefit of further targeting additional lower body muscles and cranking up your cardio burn.
- Upper Body Workout — Like an elliptical trainer you have handlebars to simultaneously exercise your upper body. To mix up my workout and target different muscles, I typically will alternate my resistance exercise between my legs and my arms.
- iFit Live Compatible — iFit Live is a patented motivational technology, which is only found on Icon Fitness products, the parent company of NordicTrack. There are numerous benefits and features to iFit Live, although there is an additional cost for this service. In a nutshell your NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i is able to communicate through Wi-Fi to the Internet. Then through your personalized iFit.com account you can…
- Create customized workout routines focused progressive and include audio coaching.
- Trace routes on Google Maps and the Freestrider Trainer FS7i will simulate the terrain.
- Upload videos of famous landscapes and cityscapes to your FreeStride Trainer.
- Your exercise stats are downloaded to your iFit.com account where you can track your progress.
7” Web Enable Full Color Touch Screen Monitor – Besides getting brilliant feedback on your stats and full color interaction with iFit Live, you can surf the web as you exercise. No other company offers this standard feature.
20 Lb. Flywheel — The heavy weight of the flywheel gives the motion a smooth and natural feel.
Center Drive — Because the mechanics are located in the center of the machine and not the front or rear, it is more compact. The FreeStride Trainer FS7i has a length of 68”, in comparison to, for example, the Sole E95 elliptical trainer which is 83”.
Incline and Resistance Controls in Moving Handelbars I particularly like this feature. You can change up the resistance and incline without having to release the handlebars, which means you don’t have to break your stride to make adjustments.
Easy Assembly — The company states that their “Snap Assembly” design will cut the assembly time in half. I have not assembled a FreeStride Trainer, so I cannot confirm this, but anything that makes assembly fitness equipment easier is a blessing.
Other Features Include
- Water bottle holder
- Speakers and MP3 input. The sound is better than found on most fitness equipment.
- Heart rate monitoring with wireless chest strap
- Oversize cushioned foot pedals.
- Lifetime frame and motor, 5-year parts and 2-year labor warranty. Standard coverage at this price range.
Our Review – NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i
There are several commercial fitness equipment companies that are offering a similar type of variable, free stride machine in health clubs. Typically when a user first gets on one they find them awkward, but before long they are addicted and the machine becomes their fitness equipment of choice.
The company told me the feedback has been very positive, and as mentioned, the FS7i FreeStride Trainer is one of NordicTrack’s biggest sellers. I personally like the ability to define your stride length and motion to your preference, but when you combine those features with the full color web enabled monitor and motivational, you have a winning formula for achieving your fitness goals. You may also wish to check out the NordicTrack FS5i and FS9i.
Customer Review of the FreeStride Trainer FS7i
I have had an elliptical in the past, we were in the market for a treadmill after checking out what Nordic track had To offer this was the best of both. I love that you can change the motion and direction of your step or stride on the fly. It makes for a better work out without over doing any particular muscles. Keeps the workout fun! Don’t take long to work up a sweat and know you are getting your money’s worth.
Go to www.NordicTrack.com and learn more!
The video below was short recently at NordicTrack Headquarters by our Team