Your legs anymore are as important as any other part of your body. Working on your legs can improve stamina, shape and overall fitness. To see the ‘whole body’ benefits, do train your legs.
The best 10 Leg Exercises that I have are:
- Start by standing straight and hold dumbbells on your sides.
- Your left foot should be about feet apart from your right foot.
- Step forward with one foot – when the foot hits the floor bend it and lean forward so that your other leg bends towards the floor.
- Now repeat the same procedure by putting the other foot forward.Leg Exercises
Step Calf Raises
You’ll need a step and some dumbbells to perform this exercise.
- Get in the position by standing on the step and position your feet in such a manner that your heels are slightly off the edge. Hold the dumbbells to the side and push up on your toes.Leg Exercises
One Legged Squats
- Stand sideways next to a wall and place your palm on the wall just under the level of your shoulder.
- Extend your arms and position your body so you feel comfortable. Use the wall for balance and support.
- Make sure that the foot not next to the wall is at a 45 degree angle and bend back the leg nearest to the wall.
- Keep upright and lower your body until the knee that is not bearing your weight is close to the floor. Then push back up again.Leg Exercises
- Lie down flat on your back.
- Keep one foot on the ground and lift the other one up and hold it there.
- By using your hamstrings you should be able to lift your body and then lower it back down again.
- Using either dumbbells or a barbell, stand with your feet a shoulder width apart.
- Then lower yourself down until your knees are fully bent at a 45 degree angle and you are squatting.
- Push up until you are upright again.Leg Exercises
Dumbbell Step Ups
- Hold a dumbbell in both of your hands.
- Use one leg to step up on the step.
- Then step up with the other leg and step down again, following the same procedure as you did while stepping up.Leg Exercises
- Start squatting down with your legs about a shoulder width apart.
- Hold your dumbbells in front of you with the palm facing inwards.
- Now start moving into a standing position while opening your arms in a T position simultaneously.
- Sit on a leg press machine – your feet should be about a shoulder width apart.
- Without altering the position of your hips bend the knees to a 45 degree angle while lowering the weight, then push it back up, extending and straightening the legs.Leg Exercises
One Legged Press with Exercise Ball
- Sit on your exercise ball and walk/roll forward until your knees are bent.
- Straighten out one leg, keeping the other one bent.
- Use the heel of the bent leg to push up on the exercise ball and push down on the heel of the extended leg as it drags in the movement.
Reverse Leg Curl Leg Exercises
- Get on a leg curling machine.
- Lie down flat on your stomach.
- Adjust your feet tightly in the machine.
- Try pulling the weight towards your hips.
- Make sure that all the applied force is coming from your legs and not any other part of the body.Leg Exercises